A Religious-Humanitarian Association
Pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit so that, in the spirit of love, every day and in each situation, you may be closer to your fellow man; and that in wisdom and love, you may overcome every difficulty. I am with you and I intercede for each of you before Jesus… Thank you for having responded to my call!”
(Message of May 25, 2000)
The religious-humanitarian association “Medjugorje-Mir Split” was established in 1992 as a continuation of the activities of the Medjugorje Parish Caritas. In order to improve communication with the world, the need to have a Medjugorje Parish Caritas Office in Split became apparent as soon as the war began. After functioning well for several months, it became obvious that it would be appropriate to register the Association in Croatia, to further improve the smooth resolution of customs formalities, and to create better communication links with administration. This is how the Association Medjugorje – Mir was founded, whose director and spiritual advisor was the late Fr. Leonard Orec.
After ten years of fruitful charity work and the coordination of humanitarian work from the office in Split, the Association came back to its base in Medjugorje and is under the direct authority of the Franciscans of the Parish Office.
At present, the Association is registered at the Central State Administrative Office for Public Administration of the Republic of Croatia, as well as at the Federal Ministry of Social Policy, of Displaced Persons and Refugees in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The permanent goal of the Association was and remains the offering of help to all who need it.
Subsequent to the death of the founder of the Association, Fr. Leonard Orec, in January 2002, Fr.Ivan Landeka became the director of the Association.
Both the office and the storehouse of the Association are situated in the vicinity of Mother’s Village in Bijakovici.
Activities of the Association:
1. The collection and distribution of humanitarian aid (food, clothes, footwear, hygienic items, appliances for households, building material and other supplies, and mediation between the donors and those who need help)
2. The care of the sick, the old and the handicapped (provides help in acquiring diapers for adults, drugs, medical equipment, assistance in hospital treatments).
3. The care of children and other young people (families with many children and poor students)
4. Giving assistance to Church organisations and religious communities
5. Giving assistance to Catholic Missions in the world, sustaining projects that support poor countries and helping regions that suffer under natural catastrophes and wars
6. Other charitable activities that contribute to the realisation of the goal of the Association.
MEDJUGORJE – MIR
Mothers' Village - Bijakovići
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tel. 00387 36 651 704
Fax. 00387 36 650 670
UniCredit ZAGREBAČKA BANKA BH d.d.
Foreign currency: 48-06-12877-1
SWIFT: ZABA BA 22
BH currency: 22-12-00240-9 3381202200240924
MEDJUGORJE – MIR
Poljudsko šetalište 4
OTP BANKA d.d. ZADAR
Foreign currency: 7031-0290513
SWIFT: DBZD HR2X
Croatian currency: 34400-678-43400 kod ZAP SPLIT